Total Pageviews

Monday 23 November 2015

Further Practice Writing

Below is a series of scripts for each of the following tasks...

Write a script for the following....

1. A man tries to tell his father that he is gay;
(NOTE: I created two editions of the script, the second of which is a rewritten version of the first one which has things added and changed)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INT. Living Room. night

ALEX sits on a sofa with his head down fiddling with his hands, muttering to himself. DAD watches him from a distance on another sofa.

DAD
(sighs)
What's up?

ALEX
Nothin, just nervous.

DAD
About what?

ALEX
Doesn't matter.

DAD relaxes for a moment. Pondering the thought that ALEX is trying to hide something from him. DAD looks suspicious.

DAD
What's wrong? come on. What are you not telling me?

ALEX remains silent

DAD
Okay... lets try something else, how was school today?

ALEX
It was fine I guess

DAD
Anything happened there today that you would like to talk me about?

ALEX
(with confidence)
Nope...

ALEX gets up from the sofa and walks out of the living room. DAD gets up from his sofa.

DAD
What are you not telling me?

ALEX turns around, he sighs

ALEX
Nothin you would understand

ALEX heads towards the stairs. He steps up them heading for his room.

DAD
Look, I'm just trying to help ya.

ALEX stops heading up the stairs and turns slightly towards DAD.

ALEX
Look, I can't tell you okay? I'm ashamed.

DAD
Of me?

ALEX
Of myself.

ALEX continues walking up the stairs. DAD watches and soon heads back towards the living room.

ALEX goes into his room. He lifts himself up onto his bed and opens his phone. He views a contact called DANNY. We see the following messages: "Did you tell him?". Alex types: "No, I couldn't. I don't know what else to do. DANNY replies: "Don't worry, in time you will."

ALEX pulls out a picture of him and DANNY at a Gay Parade. He starts to cry and lowers the picture. He comforts himself by getting in the bed and switches off the light.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INT. LIVING ROOM. NIGHT

ALEX sits on a sofa with his head down fiddling with his hands, muttering to himself.
DAD is watching the TV. He turns and watches him from a distance on another sofa.

DAD
(sighs)
What's up?

ALEX
Nothing... I'm just nervous.

DAD
About what?

ALEX
(with a pause)
Doesn't matter.

DAD relaxes for a moment. Pondering the thought that ALEX is trying to hide something from him. DAD looks suspicious.

DAD
What's wrong? come on. What are you not telling me?

ALEX remains silent

DAD
Okay... lets try something else, how was school today?

ALEX
It was fine I guess

DAD
Anything happened there today that you would like to talk me about?

ALEX stays silent for a moment. His posture is all over the place; he looks really uncomfortable. He scratches the arms of the sofa.

ALEX
(nervously)
No...

Dad looks suspiciously at him, he slowly turns his head back towards the TV.

DAD
How's Geena?

ALEX
Who?

DAD
Your girlfriend

ALEX
She's not my girlfriend

DAD
Oh, what happened?

ALEX
Nothing happened, we're just friends. That's all we've been.

DAD
You know, you two would make a great couple.

ALEX
You know, there's something I've been meaning to tell you for a long time.

DAD
Oh? What is it?

ALEX
I'm... I don't like...

DAD
Tell me, what is it? what?

ALEX
I can't... I don't know how... I'm tired, I have to get to bed.

ALEX rushes up from the sofa and walks out of the living room.
Dad gets up from his sofa.

DAD
Wait!

INT. HALLWAY. NIGHT

ALEX ignores and heads up the stairs towards his room.
DAD follows him until he gets to the start of the stairs.
ALEX is halfway up the stairs.

DAD
Look, please listen to me.

ALEX stops and turns round, his head is facing the floor.

DAD
I know you're not telling me something. Something that your afraid or ashamed of but let me tell you something, I will always love no matter who you are or what you've done. You are my son and nothing is going to change that, nothing.

ALEX
Thanks dad

ALEX remains still.

DAD
Look, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to. You'd better get some sleep, you'll feel better in the morning. Just think about what I've said.

ALEX nods and continues heading upstairs.
DAD returns to the living room.

INT. ALEX'S ROOM. NIGHT
ALEX heads into his room. He gently sits on his bed. He takes his phone out of his pocket. He turns it on and finds the finds the contact DANNY. DANNY asks ALEX "Did you tell him?". ALEX types "No, I couldn't" and sends the message. DANNY replies "Don't worry, in time you will. I love you". Alex replies "I love you too".
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. A teenage girl tries to break up with her boyfriend;


3. A man tries to ask a woman out;


4. A child tries to patch up an argument with a friend;

No comments:

Post a Comment